Garage Kit Assembly – Estimated Installation Costs
While we design our garage kits for DIY installation, we certainly realize that this type of project is not for everyone. A good amount of customers opt to have a handyman or contractor install the metal building. The prices below reflect estimates on what a good handyman will charge you for the following building kit installations. We have not estimated all sizes but do list some common ones. Not all handymen are created equal – do your due diligence and find the right one you can build a relationship with.
- 20’W x 25’L x 8.5’H : $1,648.00
- 20’W x 35’L x 9.5’H : $2,135.00
- 24’W x 30’L x 9.5’H : $2,075.00
- 24’W x 40’L x 12.5’H : $3,240.00
- 30’W x 30’L x 10.5’H : $2,662.00
- 30’W x 40’L x 12.5’H : $3,597.00
These prices reflect set-up of the building, including usual roofing, siding and trim. For estimates on customized buildings or significantly different sizes, give one of associates a call at 1-877-833-3237.
The amounts listed do NOT factor in site preparation, concrete, or foundation work, These prices do not consider fees for building permits. Although these are our own local rates, and prices vary from place to place, at different times of year and so forth, these numbers should still give you a good estimate of what you can expect in your own locale.
If you are completely inexperienced or for whatever reason do not want to erect your steel building kit by yourself or with the help of a good handyman, you should consider getting installation estimates from a licensed and bonded contractor who enjoys a good reputation.
If you are speaking to a professional for installation of your garage kit, the will probably want to get an idea of what the job entails. You can send them to our installation video site at https://support.absoluterv.com. There are English and Spanish videos available. Your installer should be able to get a pretty good idea of the project from this. They can also feel free to call us with any questions.
Building contractors and handymen in your area should also be able to provide you with accurate estimates, based on your address, site conditions, exact building size, etc. We recommend you obtain a quote in writing before authorizing work to begin.
If you do live in the Phoenix area, or anywhere in Arizona, we’ll be happy to arrange for installation of any of our steel buildings. If you are planning to build outside of Arizona, we may be able to give you guidance in locating a dependable handyman or contractor near you – just give us a call or an email.
Installation Estimates for Doors and Other Accessories
Installation of Roll-Up Style Door
- $2.25 per square foot of door.
- Example: 16′ x 7′ roll-up door = 252 sq. ft. x $2.25 = $252
- For extra-high garage doors (greater than ten feet in height) the figure should be $2.50 per square foot.
Installation of Sectional Style (Overhead Track) Door
- Though prices for this type of door vary considerably, $2.25 per square foot is a good baseline for estimation.
Installation of Pedestrian Doors
- For most common 36″ x 80″ metal doors, $70.
Installation of Windows
- For windows 33″ x 36″ or less, $50.
- Larger windows can be estimated at $2.50 per square foot. For example, installation of a 48″ x 72″ window would be $60.00.
- These figures reflect installation of standard dual-panel windows, as sold at most home and building suppliers.
All prices listed are for estimation purposes only and are subject to change without notice.
Want a Real Person?
Please call us toll-free at 1-877-833-3237
with any questions or quote needs! We are here to help.
Customer service and pricing available from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Arizona time Monday – Friday.